Welcome

Thanks for checking out the New West KnifeWorks blog. Please stop by frequently to read about the knife life and mountain adventures that guide the New West KnifeWorks culture. We think you will love our knives even more once you see how much we love using them and how we spend our spare time.

Want to be the first to know about contests, media reviews and know even more about these knives? Visit and join our Facebook Fan Page.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Popsicles for Adults

Here we go, my first every published blog post.

I'm not much of a cook, my boyfriend (who also used to work for New West KnifeWorks, back in the day when each knife was hand crafted in Corey's backyard studio) is the one who does the slicing, dicing and cooking. On the other hand I am pretty handy with dips, appetizers and anything liquor based. Last summer my culinary school student sister came to visit and whipped up half the recipes from Gourment magazine's July 2009 issue (I am fairly certain she shed tears when she found out that the publication was discontinued). I was so inspired by the tasty delights that I purchased the magazine, needless to point out I have not re-created a single item. Though for the past twelve months one particular recipe article has always been in the back of my mind: boozy ice pops. That's right, popsicles with alcohol, what could be better on a hot summer day? With summer here and a girls night tonight what better chance to put this updated, childhood treat to the test?

I made two flavors, Peaches and Cream and Watermelon Margarita

First, the Peaches and Cream, here are the ingredients:

On Saturday I finally made it to one of my favorite summer activities, the Jackson Hole Farmers Market. Unfortunately, the trip was short lived because of a summer thunder and lightening storm that blew all the tents away (we literally helped a vendor chase his tent into the tourist traffic, tackled it and folded it up). While I was dodging flying tents I was able to make it to a brave fruit vendor and bought three peaches for my popsicle project.

The plan is easy


chop with your New West KnifeWorks Petty Knife , put ingredients in the blender,



pour liquid into the popsicle molds, freeze and wait...


Next I made Watermelon Margarita popsicles

As I mentioned I am not much of a chef, so I by skipped the directions of straining the puree through a fine-mesh sleeve. So we'll see tonight how that worked out. For this flavor of popsicle I used our New West KnifeWorks The 9 chef knife. I must admit that I am one of those people that is horrified of loosing a hand to a giant chef knife, but I braved it so that we can all enjoy these boozy pops.

Also easy to make


the ingredients


put ingredients in blender, pour liquid into molds


put in your refrigerator, wait 24 hours
and enjoy with friends!

P.S. The liquid from the watermelon margarita popsicles makes a delicious margarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment